- There are no set up fees or on-going management fees.
- You are assigned a dedicated Account Manager upon application.
- Choose between fixed terms of 3 or 5 years.
- Investors receive fixed-rate returns which do not fluctuate for the term of the investment.
- Investors enjoy competitive rates of 7.9% or 9.9% p.a.
- Bonds are protected by multi-layered security scheme in the event of insolvency. Find out more. Not covered by FSCS.
- Investor interest is paid directly into your bank account.
- 20% tax deducted from interest as per HMRC requirement.
Interest is paid quarterly, directly in to your bank account.
Use our interest calculator below to project your potential returns.
Blackmore reserve the right to adjust the interest rates offered in future bond issues.
The likelihood is that the interest rates of future bond issues will be lower than the rates currently on offer.
Capital is at risk.
If you are still within your cooling off period when an interest payment is due, you will not receive this until the next quarter.
As an example, if an interest payment of £100 is due, then £80 will be paid to the investor and £20 will be payable to HMRC, by Blackmore, on behalf of the investor.
Blackmore does not have to deduct tax from interest if it reasonably believes the recipient is a company liable to corporation tax on the amount received, a local authority, or body exempt from tax such as a charity or pension fund.
For your information, please find below two documents which provide further explanation of the withholding tax.
A legal opinion from Michael Collins, barrister who resides at Temple Tax Chambers. The opinion confirms that it is an HMRC requirement for withholding tax of 20% to be applied;
A statement from A K E Tax & Accountancy Ltd, Chartered Certified Accountants & Registered Auditors. The statement provides additional detail regarding the requirements.
Blackmore cannot provide investors with tax advice and you are therefore advised to contact your tax adviser so that appropriate arrangements can be made prior to you investing in bonds.
- Investors have a legal charge over the assets of Blackmore Bond. In the event of business insolvency then the sale of these assets goes towards paying back our Bondholders' capital. Please note that where there is bank borrowing, the Bondholders will rank second in order of priority over the charge.
- Should the sale of these assets not be enough to pay our Investors back in full then a claim is made under our Capital Protection Scheme to cover Investors for any shortfall there may be, to repay up to their capital in full.
- An independent Security Trustee – International Administration Group – will monitor and control the security, acting in the interests of Bondholders and not for the Company.
If you wish to invest more capital, please give us a call on 0800 131 0100 and we will be happy to help.
In addition, there are no ongoing management fees.
Investment is not suitable for all, eligibility is checked during the application process.
You will receive an email from Blackmore to confirm that you have had your ISA application accepted. After this, you generally cannot get your investment back until the end of the term (see Can I get access to my money early?).
To cancel within the first 14 days, please email, telephone or write to Blackmore.